Why Vegan Bleeding Hearts? Well, when you cut a strawberry in half, it kind of looks like a heart. That’s how we came up with our Halloween themed naming for these chocolate covered strawberries. The vegan part comes in that the chocolate is a vegan variety. In the past we’ve made them with those little cocktail swords, to look more like an actual knife was poking through the heart. As you can see, toothpicks work too, and that gives it more of a stake through the heart feel–more vampire-y 😉
We love Halloween, so be sure to check out our other Halloween themed recipes:
Plus, on October 4, this recipe will be included in our Spooky Vegan Recipes Episode…we’ll add the link on the 4th.
The recipe is pretty simple, we hope you enjoy the naming flair 😉
Let us know some of your favorite Halloween recipes with a comment!
Kelly (& Steffan)
|Prep Time||10 min|
|Passive Time||30 min|
- Wash and cut the strawberries in half and place on a plate
- Stick each strawberry with a toothpick or sword
- Melt the chocolate, 30 seconds at a time, until melted. If you try and just stick in for a minute, it will not work...go with 30 seconds at a time.
- Spoon chocolate over each strawberry.
- Refrigerate for about 30 minutes, or until chocolate is solid and then serve when ready.
Leave a Reply