This Black Bean Tofu Scramble recipe has a spicy Mexican flair plus, it’s a belly filling meal that easily keeps you full through ’til lunch. I serve it with a variety of toppings, the standards like avocado, spinach, cilantro, tomatoes, onions, salsa, vegan sour cream, etc. You can serve it on a tortilla as well, but we like that Flax-seed Flat-out bread. Flax is good for you and they are tortilla-like, so it makes it a healthier tortilla substitute.
For the video version, of this recipe check out Two Make-Ahead Vegan High Protein Breakfasts.
Do you have a favorite vegan breakfast recipe? Let us know with a comment–I love tasty breakfast ideas!
Kelly (& Steffan)
P.S. Keep in Touch! Give us a ‘Like’ on Facebook or follow us on Instagram!
|Prep Time||15 min|
|Cook Time||10 min|
- .25 cup water
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp spiced paprika
- .5 tsp salt
- .5 tsp turmeric
- 1 Tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Cup Onion chopped
- 1 Cup Pepper chopped
- 1 Cup tomato diced
- 2 Cups swiss chard loosely packed and chopped
- .5 Cup Corn frozen or fresh
- 1 15 oz can Black Beans
- .25 tsp cayenne
- 1 16 oz block block firm tofu water pressed out and crumbled
- First, mix together a spice slurry that will season the dish. Combine all ingredients for the seasoning mix into a small bowl.
- Stir well and set-aside.
- Heat Pan with 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Add the onion and pepper and saute until soft, about 2 minutes
- Add the tomato and swiss chard. Let cook for another minute
- Add the corn and black beans. Stir and let simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Season with the cayenne.
- Move the mixture to one side of the pan and add the tofu, already pressed and dried to the other half of the pan.
- Pour in the previously made spice mixture and mix in well.
- Once well incorporated into the tofu, mix all the ingredients together as on large scramble.
- Serve and eat!
Leave a Reply