My Tofu Masala recipe is one I adapted from Madhur Jaffrey’s Quick and Easy Indian Cooking. It was originally for Hard-boiled Egg Masala. When I was a meat-eater, it was one of my favorites for weekend breakfast. So, I changed it up a bit for my preferences and substituted silken tofu for the eggs. We love Indian food and the texture of the tofu perfectly substitutes hardboiled eggs, for us anyway. It’s still one of my favorites for an easy breakfast or dinner, plus now it’s vegan-friendly.
I hope you enjoy the recipe. Let us know in the comments!
Kelly (& Steffan)
P.S. Don’t miss any of my recipe videos, subscribe to our Living the Middle YouTube Channel!
|Cook Time||25 minutes|
- 1/2 tsp cayenne
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp ground coriander
- 1 tsp lemon juice fresh squeezed preferred
- 1/4 tsp salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 Tbsp olive oil extra virgin
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 1/4 cup red onion finely chopped
- 1/2 inch ginger peeled and copped
- 1 can tomatoes lightly drained
- 1 block tofu silken
- 4 Tbsp cilantro fresh, chopped
- Mix the cayenne, turmeric, ground cumin, ground coriander, lemon juice, salt, pepper & water. Mix well and set aside.
- In a pan, heat the olive oil. Once hot, add the cumin seeds and heat until fragrant.
- Add the onion and ginger. Cook until onions are lightly browned.
- Stir in the tomatoes, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in the tofu and cilantro, cover and simmer 2 more minutes
Leave a Reply